StopCartel TV broadcasts live from Athens, Greece weeknights @ 6 pm Athens time. The following post is a loose transcript of the 13 August 2012 broadcast.
By greydogg and snake arbusto, 99GetSmart
– StopCartel TV will interrupt its regular schedule this week. Due to the public holiday, there will be no Live Broadcast on Wednesday 15 August, 2012.
– The closure of small and medium-size businesses, along with mergers, pensions, and allowance cuts, are the unpleasant issues of the day in Greece.
With daily drastic changes abound in Greek society, one thing remains constant and predictable. The state-controlled media can be counted on to regurgitate the daily meme in support of the traitors located in Parliament.
TV’s all over Greece blare out the daily farce being played out on the stage of the Greek Parliament. Like obedient puppets, ‘reporters’ gaze into a camera and tell the people that the government-of-the-regime is struggling to figure out where to cut (steal) the next 11.5€ billion from the Greek people.
Meanwhile, back in reality land where awareness prevails, despite the ongoing propaganda efforts of the mass media, many Greek people understand that the current occupants of Parliament are nothing but the Troika’s clerks and no longer make decisions.
The government-of-the-regime sold out Greece’s sovereignty to foreign interests for their own personal profit. Now, the traitors are paid to follow and carry out orders from those foreign interests, at the expense of the Greek people.
Within the next 20 days, before the Troika returns to Greece, all new austerity measures must be accounted for.
It is highly probable that publicly-controlled companies will face mergers with private companies. This is expected to contribute to a rise in the unemployment rate.
As it is, new austerity measures will put 40,000 public servants “on reserve” (meaning a 60% cut in salary preparatory to being fired in a year). Pensioners will also experience more huge cuts. All of the new austerity measures will be imposed within the next four years.
The mass media continue to deceive the Greek people by ‘reporting’ that Greece needs foreign investments in order to bring development and jobs back to Greece!
– According to reports, 53,000 babies will be kicked out of nurseries and kindergartens in Athens this fall. Even though there were 95,000 applications for nursery and kindergarten admissions, there are only 41,000 available places because the government has refused to allocate enough money to cover the costs.
The 2012-13 budget only covers 42,000 of the 96,000 who applied for admission. The municipalities have asked the Department of Development to increase the budget due to the huge demand, which has increased due to five years of severe austerity measures and cuts. People can no longer afford to send their children to private nurseries and kindergartens and are turning to the public schools they paid for with their taxes.
– In the principle and spirit of volunteering, 60 doctors, nurses, dentists and other medical personnel operate a social outpatient clinic in central Athens. Their slogan is: NOBODY IS ALONE IN THIS CRISIS.
The social outpatient clinic and pharmacy offers free medical examinations to people who do not have health insurance – mainly the unemployed and the homeless.
The clinic depends on donations for medicines and basic medical supplies from all over the world. The good doctors at the clinic share many donations with local hospitals, who are in dire need of even the most basic medical supplies. Around half of Greece’s hospitals are threatened with closure. The government has already tried to close some hospitals.
There are many citizens with no access to medical service because of this crisis. These people are direct victims of the crisis.
Greek people face huge health risks as hospitals deteriorate from lack of funds. Draconian cuts for healthcare are unacceptable. These issues must be addressed immediately.
– Several sectors of the Greek economy are being forced to proceed with drastic new cuts in salaries, averaging about 20%. The new measures will come on top of the deep cuts inflicted over the last three years.
In order to force even more horizontal cuts to minimum wages, the ECB propaganda promotes the lie that the problem in Greece is the public sector.
During the first 6 months of this year, 44,122 workers were forced to reduce their working hours from full-time to part-time status, a negative trend that is gaining traction among greedy employers.
The ‘latest’ salary cut agreement has been decided upon, finalized and announced. New cuts include:
– 800,000 workers in daily commerce – recent wage cuts of 6.7%
– 150,000 tourism sector cuts of an additional 15%
– 7,000 private medical clinic salary cuts of 20%
– 300,000 restaurants and bakeries – 15% cut in wages
These kinds of obscenely punitive policies only serve to enrich the rich. The Troika and their puppet government-of-the-regime have commenced an economic war on Greece. Together, they have extinguish the sovereignty of Greece for the sole purpose of maximizing their profits by minimizing salaries. Clearly, they seek mass slavery – first in Greece, and then in the rest of the Western world.
– In the last 5 months, there have been more than 500 violent attacks on foreign immigrants committed by local fascists who are members of the neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party. As previously reported, 50% of the Greek police force voted for the neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party in the June 17 election.
A 19-year-old Iraqi immigrant died in the hospital after he was stabbed by five unknown assailants riding motorcycles. The attack took place late Saturday night in the center of Athens. The assailants had earlier targeted two other foreigners, one from Romania and one from Morocco, who managed to escape.
Greek police are looking for five people riding four motorcycles. The testimonies of the Romanian and the Moroccan, who were attacked in the same area, did not provide clues about the assailants.
Attacks on immigrants by assailants on motorcycles revived last week, after a Pakistani was arrested for having severely injured and sexually abused a 15-year-old girl on the island of Paros at the end of July.
Attacks against Immigrants – August 7-13, 2012:
A bloody incident occurred in Heraklion, Crete. A group of young men attacked a group of Pakistanis. Police detained a Greek on charges he had hit an illegal immigrant with an iron rod.
A man from Bangladesh complained to police that two people on motorcycles had hurled smoke bombs into the yard at his home in Heraklion.
Four unknown assailants attacked a group of immigrants from India waiting at a bus stop. The incident occurred in Rethymnon, Crete.
Two Pakistanis were attacked and injured in the home they were living in Vonitsa/Preveza.
A group of 15-20 people attacked a place of worship in Piraeus where 20 Pakistanis were praying. The attackers threw smoke bombs and attempted to harm the foreigners. The Pakistanis blamed extreme-right Chrysi Avgi (Golden Dawn) for the attack, but the party dismissed such claims on its official website.
– The children of a 47-year-old woman who recently died of cancer submitted a lawsuit against the landlord of their mother’s flat. The accusation states that while their mother was in an intensive-care unit, she was slapped with an eviction notice for being two months behind on her rent, even though the landlord was aware of her health issues.
Immediately after the death of the woman, the landlord changed the locks on the flat. The family was unable to bring their mother home for the traditional evening of mourning before her funeral the next day.
The landlord’s callous behavior reflects the culture of a small part of Greek society, particularly the rich.
Information is the backbone of the effort to liberate ourselves, not just in Greece or Europe, but the whole world. Independent media is an important conduit of unfiltered information. We must build and support a network of information in order to succeed.
Please consider contributing:
ONGOING FUNDRAISER FOR StopCartel Livestream from Athens: http://stopcartel.chipin.com/stopcartel-tv-gr
StopCartel TV broadcasts live from Athens, Greece on weeknights at 6pm Athens time @ http://www.livestream.com/stopcarteltvgr