The political ‘elite’ attending a parade commemorating the 64th anniversary of the Unification of the Dodecanese and Greece on the island of Rhodes never expected to come face to face with angry protesters on Tuesday morning.
When the crowd discovered that several politicians were sitting on the platform, they began jeering and calling them “crooks and traitors”. The protesters easily pushed past the barricades and stormed towards the platform, hurling more insults, yogurt, and water bottles at the politicians. Like frightened rats, the ‘elites’ scurried off the platform, away from the angry crowd, and up the stairs behind them. This action clearly demonstrates how the political ‘elite’ puppets in the Greek Parliament lack the courage, honor or any sense of duty, to face the very people who suffer on a daily basis as a result of the brutal austerity measures imposed upon them, for the benefit of the banks.
The General Secretary of the Ministry of Merchant Marines Nick Halkiotis, New Democracy MP Chris Karagounis, LAOS MP John Korantis and Independent MPs Mika Iatridis and George Casares, who were in attendance, got a small taste of justice.
– “I DON’T PAY”: ΔΕΝ ΠΛΗΡΩΝΩ ΔΡΑΣΗ ΜΕΤΡΟ ΣΥΝΤΑΓΜΑ 17/2/2012: http://99getsmart.com/?p=2285
– DEN PLIRONO MOVEMENT IN GREECE TAKES ACTION!: http://99getsmart.com/?p=2438
– GREEK STEEL WORKERS ON STRIKE FOR 125 DAYS – VIDEO: http://99getsmart.com/?p=2556
– DEN PLIRONO MOVEMENT IN GREECE TAKES DIRECT ACTION!: http://99getsmart.com/?p=2438
– PROTESTERS CONFRONT POLITICIANS AT DODECANESE PARADE: http://99getsmart.com/?p=2643
– THE KERATEA RESISTANCE: http://99getsmart.com/?p=2359