StopCartel TV broadcasts live from Athens, Greece weeknights @ 6 pm Athens time. The following post is a loose transcript of the July 24, 2012 broadcast
By greydogg and snake arbusto, 99GetSmart
– 24 July 1974 is the anniversary of the fall of the military dictatorship in Greece. The demise of the junta was fueled by a Turkish invasion, which was organized by the CIA and the notorious war criminal Henry Kissinger. In reality, the junta did not ‘fall,’ it just changed masks. The government in Greece still consists of the same people, the same parties and the same politicians. July 24 represents very bad memories for everyone in Greece. At the time, the Greeks initially believed the dictatorship had fallen, but time has proven that nothing has changed.
– The International Monetary Fund (IMF), the European Commission (EC) and the European Central Bank’s (ECB) ruthless game of real-life monopoly continues to play out today, in Athens. The Troika has dispatched a team of auditor-clerks to investigate the overdue implementation of austerity spending cuts in both the state and private sectors.
More of the usual threats are coming from the general direction of the Troika, including that if Greece does not impose deeper austerity measures, lord Troika will have no problem forcing Greece into bankruptcy… as if that weren’t the Troika’s goal all along.
SYRIZA leader Alexis Tsipras told parliament the austerity program has already failed and if Greece continues on this course, an exit from the Eurozone will be inevitable.
The austerity measures already implemented have led to mass poverty, hunger, homelessness, despair and daily suicides. Unemployment stands at 22.5%, with youth unemployment at a staggering 52.1%. Yet, the Troika refused to even consider renegotiations. Instead, they are discussing forcing Greece into bankruptcy.
NOTE: This is how the IMF describes itself on its About page:
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 188 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
– Greece’s current economy looks a lot like the United States—circa 1930. “You had the Great Depression in the United States,” Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras told former U.S. president Bill Clinton. “This is exactly what we’re going through in Greece – it’s our version of the Great Depression,” writes Reuters.
Former US President Bill Clinton met with Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras on Tuesday, to discuss the “Hellenic Initiative,” an initiative that Clinton is pimping for businessmen of Greek origin living abroad.
An interesting bit of information is that Bill and Hillary Clinton’s net worth in 1992 was between $350,000 and $1 million. Today, Bill Clinton alone is worth $80 million, proving that prostitution really pays off big – for some.
– On Tuesday in Athens, Greek Finance Minister Giorgios Zannias met with US Treasury Undersecretary for International Affairs Lael Brainard. Brainard is also scheduled to meet with PASOK leader Evangelos Venizelos. What is Lael Brainard doing in Athens? Is the overseer overseeing the overseers?
– A suicide attempt took place on Monday night at the Attika Metro station in Athens, when a 52-year-old man threw himself onto the tracks in a desperate attempt to end his life. The train’s engineer saw the man lying on the tracks and was able to brake in time to save his life.
The daily suicides occurring in Greece are the direct result of the sadistic austerity measures being imposed by the government-of-the-regime against the Greek people. In a country where acts of self-destruction used to be extremely rare, this tragic trend is an indication of the current humanitarian crisis in Greece.
– The rioting police are standing guard at the Hellenic Halyvourgias Steel Mill in Aspropyrgos. Strikers were brutally assaulted again on Monday morning. The rioting police pushed the strikers completely off the grounds of the mill and onto the property of a nearby filling station. So far, the strikers’ additional demand – that the riot police must be immediately and permanently withdrawn from guarding the steel mill for private owners – has been completely ignored as well.
The entrance to the steel mill, which the courageous strikers have occupied for nearly nine months, is now guarded by big, black police buses and groups of subservient rioting police, who dutifully linger until they are called upon to escort the owners to and from the factory.
Although their salaries, pension and benefits are paid for with taxpayer money, the rioting police continue to betray their country and their own people by protecting the financial interests of big industrialists.
The spokesmodels in the media dutifully conspire to deceive the people by reporting that each day that passes, the situation at the steel mill becomes more and more ‘normal.’ Unfortunately, this kind of bogus reporting lulls far too many people into a state of willful ignorance. Some may think that it is easier to look away from what is really happening in Greece, but for the Greeks who are aware, awake and alert, the only response to the crimes of the Troika and of their puppet regime in Greece is RESISTANCE!
– From Giorgos Kosmopoulos of StopCartel TV, “The Greek people are ready to come out and protest, to demand their rights. The political establishment continues to ignore the needs of the Greek people, so we are here to remind them, and we will remain here, in solidarity with each other and the international community. Together, we will demand our rights and together we will be victorious!”
Information is the backbone of the effort to liberate ourselves, not just in Greece or Europe, but the whole world. Independent media is an extremely important conduit of unfiltered information. We must build and support a network of information in order to succeed.
Please consider contributing:
ONGOING FUNDRAISER FOR StopCartel Livestream from Athens: http://99getsmart.com/?p=3667
StopCartel TV broadcasts live from Athens, Greece on weeknights at 6pm Athens time @ http://www.livestream.com/stopcarteltvgr